Contributors

Friday, April 3, 2009

Time keeps on slippin, slippin, slippin...

Holy cow it is already Friday and we have finished a week of school! It feels like we just got to Lima yesterday. I will say we did fit in quite a lot in our first week.
We found a apartment. It is the largest and most comfortable apartment yet if you can get past the lack of ac and no balcony. There are, however, incredibly large sliding windows that open all the way and make me feel as though I should have some kind of saftey harness on every time I walk past them- we are on the 10th floor!
We have been to see 3 bands at 2 different bars playing 3 different types of music. We have made some friends and went with them to watch Peru get clobbered by Brazil in a world cup qualifier. We have walked down to the ocean to see the sunset and taken a walking tour of our barrio. I have sampled some delicious seafood, tried grilled beef heart (surprisingly good!) and drank a soda called Inca Cola which is bright yellow and tastes like pink bubblegum. Tonight we are meeting up with some friends from school to go to a party. I guess I should be saying holy cow it's only Friday!

No comments: