Contributors

Monday, January 5, 2009

2009's brief bitch and moan

I figure everyone is allowed to complain about their circumstances at least once a year, regardless of what those circumstances may be. So realize that I know that I am in a fantastic country, with wonderful weather, friendly people, cute husband, and essentially, aside from a few dishes and some laundry, a life of lesiure. But...

I miss my dog, my parents, and my friends. I miss Michalob Ultra. I miss tampons with applicators. I miss being able to speak to strangers, and I miss being able to explain what I need to people who could help me. I think it sucks that all the riding instructors at the barn are on vacation for a month. But the MAIN THING I miss is sleep!!!

Those of you who know me know that I had cancer and while I am fine now, I am required to take Tamoxiphin (sp?). Unfortunatly one of the side effects seems to be either freezing to death or sweating my ass off. Needless to say, it makes for some restless nights. If anyone has heard of anything that lessens these side effects let me know!

There you have it, my 2009 bitch and moan. Now for the good stuff! We took another spanish lesson from Carlos and concentrated on conversation. Brent and I both felt like we got a ton out of it and have upped our lessons to twice a week. Last night we had a farewell dinner at a delish restaurant with the 2 couples we did New Years with. Sara and Nate left today to head to the Southern portion of the country. We are going to try to hook up in Mendoza for the wine festival in March. It was a beautiful day today and we went to one of the parks and layed out in the sun. It was very relaxing, except for a small bird which tried to take Brent down. Fortunatly I was there to help him fend off the beast. Brent has golf tomarrow and I think I'm going to hit the art museum.

Ok, looking back I'm sure you are thinking she sooo has no reason to complain, and well, you would be right!
Later!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad you guys are having fun! Found this excerpt (below) from the following link for an article entitled, "Coping With the Side Effects of Tamoxifen" and thought it might help...take care!

http://www.imaginis.com/breasthealth/side_effects.asp

"...Some women find that regular exercise can help reduce hot flashes. If the hot flashes are particularly bothersome and do not respond to conservative measures such as exercise, calcium, or other interventions, physicians may prescribe medications such as clonidine (brand name, Duraclon) or Megace (brand name, Megestrol). Physicians may also recommend taking 30 to 60-day "breaks" from tamoxifen to help reduce hot flashes and other menopausal symptoms."