Contributors

Monday, October 27, 2008

Final WeeK!!

I finished the three day walk yesterday! That was my final commitment before getting on the plane. I have some truly disgusting blisters and my knee feels like crap, but I don't think I did any permenant damage. As hard as it was I really enjoyed walking with three super girls; Lisa G., Lisa R., and Donna! It was great to spend that last weekend really getting back in touch with the women who helped to form my adult personality in college. At least I blame them! Also before I move on, I have to say Brent and Jason (Lisa G.'s man) were amazing this weekend! Camp got rained out Friday night so Brent drove out to suburbia in rush hour traffic to pick up us 4 drowned rats. Jason stayed home and got the place ready for us. Then they fed us and put us to bed only to have to load us up again Sat morning and drop us off. To top it off they gathered friends together on Sunday and ran a cheering station on the walk route and cheered for all 4800 of us for about 4 hours! We are lucky girls! I'll try to get Brent to post some of the photos from the walk.

The final countdown and all I have left is to pack what I'm bringing, store the rest, pick up my prescriptions, and somehow say goodbye to all my friends, family, and most of all my dog Ramona. (She's the only one who is always glad to see me and likes it when I sing!) Then we are off!
Later!
Fran

No comments: