Contributors

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I have to pay for shots?

Hey this is Fran, Brent's faithful wife. I have taken over his blog because he doesn't write enough! We are getting down to the last few weeks before we are out of here. Today we found out just how expensive good health and peace of mind are. To get the recommended vaccinations we are looking at about $500 each! Are you kidding me? 4 pills for typhoid for $115.  Just how bad is Yellow Fever? I mean, is it like a bad hangover, or more like burning up in hell fire? As you can see, we have a bit to contemplate. On a happier note we think we have the tractor sold which will bring in some unexpected spending money. I find I have a lot of free time in this final countdown till departure. Occasionally, I break up the day with either very short and intense, or long and drawn out panic attacks. Nice to get that adrenilline pumping. Only 24 more days!!

3 comments:

Jim McHale said...

Hi Fran and Brent:

You will love it when you get down here. The trees are finally in bloom and the warm South American sun is shining. Don't pack your heavy sweaters--those days are quickly disappearing.

If you like wash cloths bring them--they simply don't exist here. And if you were looking to jazz up your wardrobes clothing is quite inexpensive.

I got all the shots before I came to BA, including taking malaria pills. I only plan to go to Iguazu, but why take the risk for a few hundred dollars? Get the shots, then never worry again!

My email address is listed below in case I can answer any other questions for you.

Jim
jimmchale7@comcast.net
http://jimmchale7.blogspot.com

Brent said...

thanks so much for your response. we found a gov't health clinic that is substantially cheeper so we plan to go get everything next week. dumping the extra sweaters will be great- more room for diet cokes and shoes!

Brent said...

thanks so much for your response. we found a gov't health clinic that is substantially cheeper so we plan to go get everything next week. dumping the extra sweaters will be great- more room for diet cokes and shoes!