Contributors

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Consulea kidnapped!! along with my purse.

Well as it turns out we had another beautiful day this Saturday with the forecast rains no where in sight. We both began the day with a run and then took the computer down to the coffee shop to start looking up apartments to rent. It looks like there are plenty of nice ones available in either of the two neighborhoods (Recolleta and Palermo) that we are interested in. We found many listings on Craig's List AR. Since it was so nice we decided to do the tourist thing and go to the Recolleta Cemetery.  The place is huge and I'm sure our photos do not do the many mausoleums justice. Apparently each family has their own building where they intern the caskets. Then the surviving family members bring flowers and go inside and hang with the dead. I told Brent, "Once you are placed in the coffin you are dead to me. There will be none of this going and spending a perfectly good Saturday sitting next to a dead guy!"
After the cemetery we strolled around the area and looked in some shops. Afterwards, we (imagine this) sit at an outdoor cafe and enjoy the day. One of our classmates stopped by with some of her friends for a snack and beer. She is from Amsterdam so we were interested to talk to her about her home since that is where we would like to live next.
We decided to go get some real dinner so we headed towards home and stopped at a pretty fancy asado (restaurant where they grill meat) and ordered a mixed grill. The restaurant was outside on a patio. Brent and I ate some weird and overall tasty meats last night. The only thing I didn't like was this thing called blood sausage. The texture on the inside was just a bit to creamy for me. Tripe, on the other hand, was really good and crispy.
Anyway, we finish dinner and we get our check and alas! my purse holding Consulea and few other things like my credit cards is nowhere to be found. I am sure the criminals only took the credit cards because they were in the way. I know their true target was Consuela and I am awaiting the ransom note! Brent decided to go ahead and cancel the credit cards anyway just in case. They will be sending new cards to the school Wednesday.  

No comments: