Contributors

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Help! I'm trapped in Granola Land!

We have been in Baraloche for three days and I feel like I must have climbed Mt. Everest about 10 times- and that's just getting to and from school. The brochure says that it is a short walk from your lodging to class they just don't mention that it is all uphill! Although I have to say that most of the students here don't mind the hills at all, in fact after class they generally go in search of even more strenuous  hills to climb just for fun. The views here are really stunning and we have been lucky with the weather. This weekend we will try to explore the area by horseback, I say let the horses do the work! We are also looking into renting a motorcycle to tour around the surrounding mountains, and possibly going fly fishing.
The students here are very nice but all seem to have that serious save the planet, I'm going to raft every river in the world, climb every mountain, speak multiple languages, and in my free time teach indigenous people to read kind of vibe. Surprisingly it is a pleasant change from the party every night, see how many clubs and discos I can go to, how late can I get to sleep mentality of Buenas Aires students. I just don't want to drink to cool aide, I like being a city girl! 
Class here seems easier and I hope I am learning as much as before. Brent thinks it is easier because he can finally understand the teacher's direction. Tonight we will go with the school to a micro brewery (that's more my type of activity) to sample some local beers. It will involve riding the bus which could be a challenge but since there are only 3 routes (non of which go by our house) it shouldn't be too scary.
Also, sorry about the lack of new photos. We have had a few technical difficulties, in other words, I forgot to recharge the camera so we could get the photos downloaded. 
Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Jim McHale said...

Looks like you are having the time of your life. Make sure you do so you can come home and have great memories.

Hopefully you are going to the Antares brewpub in Bariloche. If you do go make sure you try the Porter--it is out of this world.

Jim