Contributors

Thursday, November 13, 2008

What the hell is a hippodrome?

If you don't already know what a hippodrome is then I will give you three guesses and tell you the right answer at the end of the post for today. Your guesses are: the area at the Buenos Aires zoo where they bathe the hippos, a horse racing track, or the name of the "all you can eat" buffet also near the zoo?

What ever your guess is, we walked by it today when visiting our favorite neighborhood to date. The barrio is called Palermo Viejo and I will give the three reasons it suits Fran and I best. #1, it is where the polo fields are, #2, it is where the golf course is, #3, they have MASSIVE parks that go on forever there! Oh, and the zoo is close by, the horse racetrack is close by, and there are plenty of restaurants and bars there too! Dios mio, I hope we can find an apartment in our budget. A round of golf on a weekday, after 2pm is twenty pesos, that is less than $7 folks, and the course was beautiful! I cannot wait to play it, take some pics and show you where I will likely spend a good deal of time when I get back here in December. I may even play golf on Christmas if they will let me, ooh, Fran may have to approve that too.

I think I may have come up with the perfect plan. Perhaps I can become a golf instructor here in Buenos Aires from November to May and then back to the states from May through October! Fran could do the same and become a riding instructor! Could we make enough money? Do they need a rep for Mizuno in Bs.As.? Anyway, Fran and I walked through a lot of the parks today and guess what we saw in plain sight? A hooker striking the classic pose where a car drives by and she slides the skirt up her leg! It was perfect until Fran said we may be walking through an area of the park she read about that was populated with transvestites. So, since Fran would not let me get that close, I really don't know if it was a woman or a well dressed tranny. Funny none the less! There were tons of people exercising, running, doing yoga, martial arts, running little training courses set by their personal trainers, using stretchy things to strengthen their muscles, rugby guys giving piggy back rides to each other to work their legs, it was amazing. It must be were everyone that exercises in Bs.As. goes to do it, because I feel like a freak running around the small park close to our apartment. No one else is exercising in our park and here I am trudging around the park 10 times. Anyway, that is probably enough for one day. We have a Spanish exam tomorrow. Fran is studying, I am blogging and drinking beer. Tomorrow will suck for me! I may skip the exam and go bet on the horses at the hippodrome.

No comments: