Contributors

Friday, November 7, 2008

I am now a genius.

Brent and I have completed our first and hopefully hardest week of school ever! I have learned so much it is ridiculous and I still can't speak. I don't know how my brain will be able to continue absorbing so much without molting and getting a bigger shell! 
Last night we went with our classmate Jo (an unfortunate name for a proper twenty something girl in a land where they pronounce their J's like an H) and our roommate Joespf to Cafe Tortino. This place was amazing! The building was about 100 years old, all marble and very French looking, or very much in the Vienna Style if you believe Josepf - who is from Switzerland, is older, and definitely knows more about these things. The show itself was more like a play, or a variety show with a theme running through it. There were dancers and singers. There was a 5 piece orchestra. There were even 2 guys who had long strings with golf ball sized balls at the end who stomped while they swung them! Overall a riproaring time and I am thrilled I went! 
I knew I was gaining confidence today after class when I told Brent I was going shopping for replacement running shoes, and when he said he didn't want to go I was relieved. It was a very successful solo outing. New running shoes! In the right size! Surprisingly, the sales girl was much less intimidating than the sales people in Buckhead. Since Brent was not with me I also popped in to a few other stores and came away with some new Havaianas flip flops for around $10. I have mastered "Por favor, puedo uso una tarjeta de credito?"!

No comments: