Contributors

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

small victories

The first thing I have discovered since moving to another country is that you have to celebrate the muy pequeno victories during the day. My first may seem like a walk in the park, but for me big deal. Brent stayed at the apartment while I did indeed take a walk in the park, and then.... ta da!... I went and bought a hair dryer and some diet coke! I know it seems small, but trying to understand that I had to buy the diet coke first (this was in a grocery store/electronics store- I know, go figure) and then the hair dryer took a little doing.
Our second small victory happened in class today. We broke into groups of two and had to pretend we were interviewer/interviewee for a magazine. Brent was George Bush and we actually made it through the exercise sounding somewhat proficient! I can only guess at what great accomplishments we will have in the future.
Before class we took a long walk through the city and ended up in a section called Puerto Madero. It is beautiful, with tons of restaurants and kicking condos right on the water. It was probably 4 miles from our pad. During the walk I saw nothing scary or even unpleasant. We passed by about 5 parks which were all great and way cleaner than ours in the Atl.
I will rap this up with a random aside. Brent and I are both having strange dreams. I mark it up to stress but let me know your interpretation.  Brent was part of a think tank for the world economy (remember this was a dream) and he would have heated discussions and then fall asleep, only to wake up in the middle of a conversation. He then looked at his arm and found evidence of being given a shot. I don't have a clue. Mine was a little more realistic. I dreamed that me and a bunch of my friends were at a bar and Chad (not his real name...oh who am I kidding) walks in wearing nothing but silk boxer shorts. What does it all mean?
Later!

No comments: