Contributors

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Decision made

Well here it is- we are going to Lima for a month. We are going to go to school 5 days a week for 4 weeks and experience living in a different country. I have a few concerns; I feel bad about not seeing Cordoba and Iguazu Falls, and I am afraid that I won't like Lima and I will be stuck there for too long. Brent assures me that we will be back to Argentina in the near future and we should leave some stuff to see for next time. So I guess I am on board with this decision.
The major benefit for me is the chance to go to the beach. I spent most of the day online trying to find an apartment with an ocean view. The prices for apartments seem to be inline with the prices here in BA. Other good things about going to Lima are:
1. We won't have to move around once we get there- no housing hassels.
2. We will get a chance to meet up with our friends from New York.
3. Studying at the same school for the 4 weeks straight should cement some knowledge into my brain.
4. Suposedly the spanish they speak in Peru is clearer, slower, less slangy, and closer to real spanish than anywhere else in South America.
5. Lima is much further north, so it should stay warm through our stay.
If this sounds like I am trying to convince myself that this is the right decision, well I guess I am. It's funny, I thought 6 months would be plenty of time to see and do everything I wanted to do, and that I would be ready to come back to the states at the end of the trip. How could I have been so wrong!

No comments: